The Zippy Folding Mini-Quad is designed for 5″ propellers. It’s called the Zippy because it zips into a tiny waterproof case, and it zips around in flight!
- Comes with all hardware to build the frame.
$75 (plus $15 worldwide shipping).
- Prices in US Dollars
- Unique overlapping folding arm design (“OFAD”)
- Foldable mini-quad for easy pack and go!
- High motors for stability and minimal propeller breakage.
- Aligned center of gravity for super-stable flight–minimal tuning required.
- Lightweight G10 frame design (129grams) able to take hard hits.
- Drilled mounting holes for ESC’s and flight controller.
- Designed for 1806 2300KV motors.
- Clean wiring options.
- Fully FPV capable.
- GoPro or Mobius.
Please note that this frame is designed for 1806 motors, and is best built with the recommended 4-in-1 12A ESC (see parts list below).
4 M3 x 8mm hex bolts (for attaching bumpers to 3mm frame).
4 M3x10mm bolts and 4 M3 Nylock Nuts (for main arm pivot).
4 M3x12mm bolts, 4 washers, and 4 M3 Wingnuts (for folding arm pivot slot).
4 M3 Brass spacers, 4 M3 Nylon spacers, and 4 M3 nylon nuts (for breakaway spacer system).
Comes with everything you need to build the frame (NOTE: New design no longer requires red bumpers thus these are no longer included).
- MOTORS–1806 2300KV
- Tiger Navigator 1806 ( $26 each)
- Buzz Hobbies DYS 1806 2300KV ($14 each)
- ESC–BL Heli 4-in-1 12A: This is an inexpensive and good quality (and light) 12A 4-in-1 electronic speed controller available here: Favourite Sky III ($32)
- Waterproof case: This small case (made for a GoPro) fits the Zippy. Order the smallest size for the Zippy. ($8)
- Suggested FPV Gear:
- Video Transmitter ($25)
- FPV Camera: 25mm 600tvl ($35)
- BATTERY: Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack (Mobius on top)
- Flight Controller: Naze32 or OpenPilot CC3D (~$30)
- Total cost of components: $185-$250, plus frame and Mobius/GoPro.
First Flight–super stable: